“Champions keep digging and spiking harder and harder!”
Volleyball is one of the most popular sports in the IITGn campus and students from various departments can be seen spiking balls on the court till late nights. It is a sport familiar with many faculty members as well as many of them participate in the yearly Srija Memorial League. The Volleyball team of IITGn is gathering its mettle to emerge as one of the best teams out there! Volleyball is a sport that makes you feel alive and determined. Serve it tight, set it high, dig it fiercely and spike it hard!
Volleyball is a team sport which in addition to physical fitness, also improves hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and balance. We have 1 indoor volleyball court with polyurethane flooring and a viewing gallery of 40 spectators. Halls are prepared with echo-proof walls to cut down the sound of hitting volleyball.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Timings will be 6 AM to 10 AM and 5 PM to 10 PM on weekdays & 6 AM to 10 PM on weekends.
- Only clean non – marking shoes are allowed.
- Proper sports attire (i.e. Tracksuit, shorts & t-shirts) is a must
- Spectators will be allowed only in the viewing gallery.
- Any heavy objects (like table,chair, etc.) should not be brought inside the hall
- Food and beverages will not be allowed inside the hall
|Silver Medal(Capital Season League 2013)||Boys team||2013|
|Player of the tournament (Capital Season League 2013)||Endla Naveen||2013|
|Gold Medal(Shaurya- IIMA)||Girls Team||2014-15|
|Winner (concours DAIICT)||Girls Team||2015-16|
|Silver Medal(Shaurya- IIMA)||Girls Team||2016-17|
|Winner (concours DAIICT)||Girls Team||2016-17|