“You don’t win or lose the games because of the 11 you select. You win or lose with what those 11 do on the field.” – Rahul Dravid
Cricket is a passion in India, and we intend to represent the passion of IIT Gandhinagar towards this great game by hosting several matches and events. Our cricket team sincerely believes in qualities such as team spirit and consistent effort, and each and every member of the team is a reflection of these values.
IIT Gandhinagar is equipped with a lush green cricket field having a 65 m boundary, surrounded by flood lights which provide approximately 700 lux on pitch, 450 lux in 30 yards area and 350 luxs in the outfield area outside 30 yards. The ground has 6 match pitches, and 2 cement & 2 turf pitches for practice. Additionally, we also have pavilions for the teams and viewing space around the ground which can accommodate approximately 200 viewers.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Ground will be available for use from 6 AM to 9 PM
- Metal spike shoes won’t be allowed
- Proper sports attire ( for ex. Tracksuit, shorts, tshirts etc.) is must
- Loitering will not be allowed within the 30 yards of the main cricket pitches.
- Usage of floodlights after 9 PM will only be allowed in special cases (D/N Matches).
- Food and beverages are prohibited on the ground.
|Silver Medal(Concourt DAIICT)||Boys team||2018|
|Gold Medal(ISRO cup)||Boys team||2020|